Friday, October 8, 2010

An Elephant Sized Burden?

Last weekend I had Little Man to myself. Husband went to the front range for a football game. I welcomed the opportunity to bond and form a closer relationship with our guy. We had several adventures and just an all around good ol' wholesome time together. I loved it! Farmers markets, crafts, garage sales, old family movies and pumpkin carving all led to my cutie pie telling me that he loved me as big as an elephant and that he wished I was his mom. Sigh. Poor guy. What will become of him? I don't know, but I now shutter at the thought of this all coming to an end.
As far as social services is concerned, it's not coming to an end soon. His mom is not proving that she is mentally capable of parenting. She's coming to the vists, but she's not doing the work. They don't think she can.
Husband told me yesterday that he sees LIttle Man as a burden. He's not enjoying it like he wishes he was. That saddens me. But, that's all he said. He didn't say he wanted to quit or anything. I don't think we have a "situation" yet. But it's something I'll be keeping an eye on. I hope Little Man isn't our last foster kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment