Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sad But Relieved

Our homestudy went great. I was surprised at how little they inspected the house. The only place they really wanted to look at was the room the child would be using and even then they just poked their heads in. I mean, they came into the house and saw that it was clean and big enough and we have a fenced in yard, etc, etc, but there wasn't the "inspection" that I was anticipating. The only things we need to "correct" was getting plug covers and a CO2 detector. So, that was easy enough.

Then we sat down with them and they asked us loads of questions about our personal life. Which I didn't mind one bit. I actually like answering questions about myself. But they were the same questions that were on the questionaire that we turned in early in the year. Remember that packet that I said took me an hour and a half to fill out? All over again. So, that seemed redundant. And we were scheduled for 2-4pm and it went until 4:30 and when we still were not finished we ended up scheduling another visit for next week.

The sad part is that when the subject of the little man came up they said he was with family and they might need us but maybe not. I asked, "What's the chance we'll need to take him?" They said they couldn't say. The kinship situation didn't seem like it would be long term but, "You never know". I can accept that answer and after sleeping on it, I'm happy with that answer. It means that we can go to training and have time to think about all this instead of coming home and having to decide right away. This isn't something you want to rush into, even though I was wholeheartly ready to jump in with both feet.

After we talked about little man they began to tell me about a new case that just came up. A four year old girl. They made me realize that we are definitely needed. And if it's not little man it will be someone else. I'm happy with whatever happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment